Illusions of Today's Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Cosmetic Dentistry Services Create Beauty
Cosmetic dentistry services can be described as the dental makeover of a person’s observable smile, namely teeth and gums within the smile zone. The smile can be changed from a state of asymmetric form and/or uncomplimentary tooth shades into a state of symmetry, dimensional harmony, and teeth that have balanced shade and uniform anatomical alignment. The end results of these dental changes are eye-catching and will enhance the facial beauty of the subject.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services Make People Happy
Wikipedia defines cosmetic dentistry services as “dental work that will improve the appearance of people’s teeth, gums and smile.” Technically, it is the science and art of replacing and restoring teeth and gums to make the recipient happier with their physical appearance and more capable of expressing their emotions.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Cosmetic dentistry services can be divided into two types, restorative and non-restorative.
Restorative cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Reshaping or grafting of soft gum tissues
- Tooth re-contouring by removing limited enamel
- Direct bonding of composite materials
- Porcelain crowns and bridges that are attached to dental implants
- Porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges that are bonded to teeth
- Treatment operations by a licensed dentist with expertise
- Fabrication of restorations by a dental laboratory technician who is proficient and has artistic talent
- Collaboration between the dental professional team and the dental laboratory team
Non-restorative cosmetic dentistry services include:
- External teeth whitening or bleaching procedures
- Internal tooth whitening or bleaching procedures
Cosmetic Dentistry Services for Patients with Advanced Conditions
Individuals with the need for extensive cosmetic dentistry services often suffer discrimination because they have lost their self-esteem and have become socially withdrawn. They may become bitter and unhappy and are often ostracized by their peers resulting in a further downward spiral toward a reclusive lifestyle.
Objectives of Cosmetic Dentistry Services for Patients with Advanced Conditions
Objectives of extensive restorative cosmetic dentistry services for patients with advanced conditions are:
- to establish or re-establish a level bite distribution when teeth are tightly closed together as when biting
- to craft a functional set of front teeth that are capable of grasping and cutting food
- to build new enamel tooth surfaces made from high quality porcelain that are durable, and require limited care
- to allow a natural and beautiful smile when the facial muscles around the smile zone are contracted
- to create a smile that is brilliant, attractive, and will visually complement other facial characteristics such as beautiful eyes
Beautiful smiles are being created every day with cosmetic dentistry services
When these objectives are met, the treatment process will efficiently work to enhance the appearance of the person's smile. Healthy and beautiful smiles are being created every day using these progressive cosmetic dentistry services.